Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Story of Me and You.

I wrote this a few weeks ago. It was liberating.

The story of me and you.

I’m tired of the story of you and me.
I’m sick of you being connected to me.
I’m done always running back to you.
I’m over you coming back to me.
It didn’t work out,
Lets just both move on.
I’m gonna go my way.
You go your own.
I’ll keep doing my thing.
You do whatever it is that you do.
I don’t care about your birthday,
You’re not obligated on mine.
I won’t be drunk texting you anymore.
Please don’t drunk text me either.
I’m tired of the story of you and me.
You broke up with me,
I’m over you.
You cheated, we’re done.
End of story, move on.
I’m tired of the story of you and me.
I’m sick of “us” and tired of “we”.
It’s over, it’s the end.
No more “special friends.”
I won’t come to you with my problems.
Please don’t bring me yours.
I thought you made me happy
But I realize I was always sad.
I’m finally completely done with you
And I feel nothing else but glad.
I’m sick of the story of you and me.
I kept bouncing back to you,
As you bounced back to me.
The love wasn’t there,
But the physicality was.
No more, I’m done.
Times change, I need a different one.
I’m tired of the story of me and you.
It didn’t work out.
We’re done.
We’re through.
You be you.
Let me be me.
I’m free.

No comments:

Post a Comment