Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall.

If there was ever a day that was able to prove that the seasons have changed, it'd be this day. It's beautifully sunny. It's blustery but in a good way. The wind is pulling the freshly changed leaves from their branches and helping them dance around in the air and on the ground. The air is cold and crisp and smells like Halloween. There are hints of hidden fires burning in fire places. Scarfs are almost a necessity, just so they can whip around you in the wind. It's beautiful out and the day is being wasted by having to be stuck inside a concrete prison. I just want to sit outside and watch the world.

The trees sway and ripple in the wind; enjoying life before their debilitated and crippled and water logged by the cold rain of winter. Everything is gearing up for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Even the crows seem to know Halloween is coming. They're everywhere, playing is happy little murders, waiting to drop an over ripe apple or a hard walnut on someones car. They fly around laughing their funny, croaky, cawing laugh. They make me laugh in turn as they hop and scuttle about on the ground. Just watching them makes me happy that fall is finally here.

I wish it could always be fall. Or autumn if you're one of those weird stickler people. I've suffered through summer, miserably burning my painfully white skin. People like me aren't made for summer sun and sticky heat. I'm made for falling leaves, crisp air, scarfs and hoodies. This is my time of the year and I'm going to enjoy it while I can because before I know it, the rain will come and wash away the beauty.

Don't get me wrong, I love the rain. But it's just no match for this amazing fall beauty and the unmistakable feeling in the air that it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment